Reach & Teach is looking for a new Vice-Chair to start in the next academic year (august 2022). R&T is a small non-profit organization aimed at helping newcomers in The Netherlands integrate into Dutch society by offering language classes, professional and social events and a Buddy Program. The organization runs entirely on volunteers.
Overview of the Position
As the Vice-Chair you have a shared responsibility with the chair in overseeing the organisation and deciding the course of Reach & Teach as a whole. You will be the direct point of feedback for the chair and you will support him/her and the rest of the board in achieving their goals and tasks. The Vice-Chair is the ‘jack of all trades’ within the board that takes on certain projects towards professionalizing the foundation and improving the quality of its services. As Vice-Chair you will have a say in all matters within the organisation, and you’re invited to give critical feedback on all things the other board members are working on. Doing that, you form the backbone of the foundation and get to know its many aspects of it.
An overview of your tasks and responsibilities
- Looking after HR related matters for the foundation, such as recruitment, hiring and rewarding of volunteers
- Managing projects on various topics
- Taking initiatives in professionalizing the organization
- Supporting/working together with other board members on projects
- Cover for other board members in case of vacancies
- Support chair & secretary with writing policy plan and annual reports
- Covers for chair in case he/she is not able to attend meeting
- Supports the chair in managing the foundation
What do we offer you?
We invite you to join our enthusiastic team of volunteers consisting of students and professionals working together and combining their skills to serve our cause. You will get opportunities to work on tasks that may broaden your experience, expand your skills, and learn new ones in a fun, multicultural environment. As a team we are very proud of the difference our program makes in the lives of those who arrive new in The Netherlands.
- Willing to take the initiative
- Flexible with broad interests
- Can work independently
- Critical thinker who is able to give good constructive feedback to other team members
- Team player
- Available 10 hours a week
- Passionate about working with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English
As Vice-chair you are part of Reach & Teach’s board and take part in the weekly board meetings. Your term will last from august 2022 until august 2023. However being able to start earlier to get more worked in to the position is more than welcome.
Follow us on our social medias to stay up to date on all things Reach&Teach!